Written by Sha’myra Boyd
Wintertime will soon be coming to an end! But here are some activities you can do before you welcome in the spring:
1) Nothing says wintertime like going ice skating. It’s the perfect excuse to wear a long, furry animal hat to keep warm while you try not to fall on your butt. Just a tip: get the one with built-in mittens!
2) Charlie Brown was a huge part of my childhood, so it’s a must for me to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas around the holidays.
3) Magical Winter Lights! If you have never been to La Marque, TX, these lights are worth the trip! It’s a perfect outing for the family or a first date.
4) For me, I won’t have a great winter until I see The Nutcracker. The moment I smell snow, I’m checking to see when the dates are.
5) There is nothing better than having a group of friends over and sitting around a bonfire.
6) It’s mandatory that you take one day to yourself. Snow days are the best time to do this, but any day you don’t feel like being bothered is good. You can just stay in your pajamas all day long, catch up on some reading, and binge watch that movie or tv show you’ve been putting off. Now if only Starbucks delivered.
7) Anybody else a sucker for watching the Hallmark channel with their grandmother? I always joke about how my grandma loves watching, but I find myself completely engrossed in the movies within 30-minutes of watching. It’s one of my favorite ways to bond with her.
ONE must-see movie this season is The Greatest Showman, hands down! If you don’t believe me see it for yourself, and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Now, for that lazy day you plan on taking, here are some Netflix shows that will have you glued to the couch:
1) For my anime lovers, you’ll enjoy Rurouni Kenshin. It’s an anime from the 90s about a manslayer who made a vow never to use his sword to kill another man. It’s a classic “oldie but goodie”.
2) 13 Reasons Why, a series that caused so much buzz and controversy on social media as it revolved around one teen’s reasons for committing suicide. It will make you laugh, cry and scream at the screen which I think is what makes any tv series or movie worth watching.
3) Criminal Minds. You get crime, suspense, action, drama, and Shemar Moore. Enough said!